Julie Dumois-Sands, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
I have over 10 years of experience in the psychology field and have provided therapy to adolescents, adults, couples, and families. I can offer you a wide range of services as well as specializing in specific areas, such as, Trauma and EMDR, Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Anger, Relationship Issues, and more.
I work with the whole person- mind, body, and spirit and approach each client from a heart-place of total acceptance and commitment to the client in front of me and to their path of healing. Expect to be fully accepted, therapy to be a container of healing, to laugh and to cry, to learn to love yourself and your life a little bit more, and to know your life is getting better.
* Currently working towards Doctorate in Clinical Sexology
University of South Florida
Degree: Master's of Social Work
Degree: Master's of Arts: Women's Studies
University of South Florida
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
• State of Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker:
License # SW10960 - Verify Julie Dumois-Sands, LCSW License
Premier Psychological Services, PL - Tampa, Florida
Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Associate
Private Practice - Tampa, Florida
Licensed Clinical Social Worker/Psychotherapist
Hillsborough County School System - Tampa, Florida
Licensed Clinical Social Worker/School Social Worker on Special Assignment in MTSS/RTI
Dolan Mental Health - Tampa, Florida
University of South Florida - Tampa, Florida
School District of Hillsborough County - Tampa, Florida
Middle School and High School Teacher
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office, Inmate Treatment Programs - Tampa, Florida
Intern: development and implementation of treatment programs
• Accelerated Resolution Therapy, 2014
• Cultural and Spiritual Competence in Victim Services, 2015
• Communication With Victims and Survivors, 2015
• Working With Perpetrators of Domestic Violence, 2015
• EMDRIA, Level I and 2, 2010
• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing and Uses with Trauma. Figley Institute and Dr. Rank, 2009
• Compassionate Listening, 2004
• Intensive training in Family Support Principals
• Intensive training in child development, budgeting, family support, community resources, etc.
• Restorative Yoga, 2011
• 500 Yoga Teacher Training
• 250 Yoga Teacher Training
Professional Presentations and Publications:
• National Women’s Studies Association Presentation. 2009
Sara L. Crawley and Heather Curry and Julie Dumois-Sands et. al. 2009.
Full-Contact Pedagogy: Lecturing with Questions and Student-Centered
Assignments as Methods for Inciting Self-Reflexivity for Faculty and
Students. Feminist Teacher 19(1), 13-30.
• Thesis work referenced
in Dr. Gurleen Grewal’s Contemplative Practice Fellowship with the
Center for Contemplative Mind in Society 2008
• USF, Panel Presentation, 2008. Spiritual Perspectives on Feminist Issues.
• Many Faces of Trauma. 2009. Presented with Inmate Treatment Staff, Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
• 2004 Family Support America Conference Poster presentation
• 2003 CitiMatch Maternal and Child Health Leadership Conference Presenter